JOB ID: 2015TOR-011
At Canada Goose, we are committed to producing the best extreme weather outerwear in the world.
We have been manufacturing innovative, high quality outerwear in Canada for over 50 years. From South Pole research facilities and the Canadian High Arctic to the streets of New York City, Stockholm, Paris, Toronto and Tokyo, people wear our products because of our reputation for quality, functionality and style.
Ask Anyone Who Knows.
The Manager, Product Compliance and Safety reports to the Director, Sourcing and is responsible to ensure all vendors are socially compliant and finished merchandise meets Canada Goose product safety standards. Responsible to design and implement effective social compliance programs, implement product compliance controls into product development (design and technical standards), sourcing initiatives and third party product testing and inspections, reducing risk of harm to customers, complaints , customer returns and supporting continuous improvement in product quality and performance.
Wondering what you’d be doing?
- Provide guidelines to the suppliers on CG social compliance standards and oversees 3rd party social compliance audits.
- Objectively reviews and evaluates Factory Social Compliance questionnaires and makes recommendations for improvement by following all company requirements.
- Schedule Factory Social Compliance audits with third party audit firms.
- Request/follow-up on Continuous Action Plans with factories.
- Learn and understand: local labour, wage and safety laws; labor contracts; Academy Codes of Conduct; and international human rights standards and their application in determining compliance
- Interfaces and liaises daily with vendors and Global Sourcing team, on issues with social compliances.
- Process Factory audit invoicing including monthly accruals.
- Conducts risk assessments of finished products, including safety or RSL compliance related testing, and implements new processes and procedures to ensure verification programs are effective and efficient. Collaborates with product development team, to ensure regular and transparent reporting and communication on sku/item level performance and potential areas of improvement in specifications, processes or controls.
- Develops visibility to the organization on social compliance performance and product safety/risk compliance performance
- Liaise with sales associates and CG importers to determine product labelling and import guidelines, in various end-markets.
Here’s what we are looking for…
- Degree in related discipline (ie Textiles, Apparels)
- 5+ years related experience (ie factory auditing, social compliance or similar)
- Knowledge of international and country laws such as: child labor, forced labor, discrimination, wages & benefits, working hours, safety, health & hygiene, freedom of association, and environment protection
- Displays strong negotiation skills and excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Detailed understanding of Global apparel compliance legislation within scope of responsibility.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be able to make independent decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Consistently exhibits Canada Goose’s Values, taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment
If you are super interested in this position and qualified, please click “Apply For This Job”, quoting the job name and ID in the subject line.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining our Goose team (we totally understand why you’d want to), but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.