JOB ID: 2015TOR-047
At Canada Goose, we are committed to producing the best extreme weather outerwear in the world.
We have been manufacturing innovative, high quality outerwear in Canada for over 50 years. From South Pole research facilities and the Canadian High Arctic to the streets of New York City, Stockholm, Paris, Toronto and Tokyo, people wear our products because of our reputation for quality, functionality and style.
Ask Anyone Who Knows.
This role is responsible for leading the preparation of the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and product pricing (brand finance) activities. Leading a team of four financial analysts, the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will provide guidance and coaching on financial modeling and analysis, the planning process, and pricing activities. Interact regularly with Managers across the company regarding priorities on the corporate agenda and partner closely with business leaders cross-functionally, providing analytic expertise that help optimize the business.
Wondering what you’d be doing?
- Direct all Financial Planning and Analysis activities for the company
- Design and implement budgetary and planning processes that meet the needs of a rapidly growing and evolving company
- Gather, analyze and report financial results and insights to Leadership
- Oversee all aspects of annual Budget and Quarterly Forecast updates including cash flow forecasting and bank covenants
- Research and analyze key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
- Provide counsel to senior management on strategic analyses that focus on maximizing Revenue, Profitability and Cash Flow
- Provide analyses of new business opportunities including partnerships, alliances, acquisitions, etc.
- Prepare required presentations for Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Analyze complex financial information to develop models and provide recommendations to Senior Management
- Brand Finance including Pricing
- Providing support to the Sales area in the preparation of the annual Sales Forecasts
- Provide guidance to the Operations area in fulfilling their responsibilities in Costing of Product
- Work with Senior Management in the preparation of their Cost Centre and Capital Asset submissions for Budgets and Forecasts.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analyses
- Support the finance organization by providing insight and analyses that clarify the business impact of financial reporting
- Prepare appropriate financial analysis of Manufacturing costs and variances
- Prepare analysis of potential acquisitions
Here’s what we are looking for…
- 10 years or more of business planning and value added reporting in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting Designation, MBA preferred
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment with high tolerance for ambiguity
- Must be highly skilled in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and complex financial modelling
- Experience in a Manufacturing company
- Experience forecasting cash flow and bank covenants
- Consistently exhibits Canada Goose’s Values, taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment
If you are super interested in this position and qualified, please click “Apply For This Job”, quoting the job name and ID in the subject line.
****RECRUITMENT AGENCIES-Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers****
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining our Goose team (we totally understand why you’d want to), but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.