JOB ID: 2015TOR-024
At Canada Goose, we are committed to producing the best extreme weather outerwear in the world.
We have been manufacturing innovative, high quality outerwear in Canada for over 50 years. From South Pole research facilities and the Canadian High Arctic to the streets of New York City, Stockholm, Paris, Toronto and Tokyo, people wear our products because of our reputation for quality, functionality and style.
Ask Anyone Who Knows.
Reporting to the VP of Design and Merchandising, the Product Line Manager (PML), Outdoor Performance is responsible for all assets of the design and development of the Canada Goose Outdoor Performance collection.
While the focus of this role is centered on the Outdoor Performance line, the position will require close collaboration the PLM, Branta/Youth to maintain consistency and brand unity.
Wondering what you’d be doing?
- Responsible for designing and developing an Outdoor Performance collection that is consistent with the brand’s direction, delivered on time and on target.
- Research and provide Outdoor Performance design direction based on consumer feedback and market trends.
- Work with the VP of Merchandising to create and publish the season color palette.
- Design and present concepts for approval to the senior Creative Team.
- Develop and adopt fabrics and trims in partnership with the Sourcing and Procurement departments.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance the Product Development Bill of Materials for the Outdoor collection as well as all associated files.
- Create, distribute, and maintain style specific specifications and comment packages for external and internal vendors.
- Partner with the PLM, Branta and the PLM -Youth / Kids/ Baby to oversee the lab dip process for new and existing fabrics and set color standards for Quality Assurance and future reference.
- Select and validate the construction requirements for all styles and colors. This includes; threads, baffles and interlinings.
- Support Quality Assurance with standard setting and approval review as well as claim and rejection process.
- Research and present seasonal fashions trend reports, show summaries, and seasonal Product Briefs
Here’s what we are looking for…
- A Degree in Fashion Design is an asset
- 5-10 years of working experience within a fabric/trims/outwear development role or related position
- Good verbal and written communication skills, comfortable with all levels of management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Illustrator is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to achieve departmental and corporate objectives
- Knowledge of merchandising and product construction
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work as a team and maintain a high level of professionalism and discretion
- Consistently exhibits Canada Goose’s Values, taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment
If you are super interested in this position and qualified, please click “Apply For This Job”, quoting the job name and ID in the subject line.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining our Goose team (we totally understand why you’d want to), but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.