Originally developed for scientists working in Antarctica, the Expedition Parka™ is one of our most iconic and warmest parkas. This Polar Bears International version of the beloved classic features PBI’s logo and signature blue colour. As well, $25 from each purchase will be donated to PBI, supporting the conservation of polar bear habitats through research and education.
WOMEN’S PBI EXPEDITION PARKA™
Coyote Fur Ruff
625 fill power white duck down
- Two lower full-bellow snow pockets secured with Velcro flaps
- Two upper chest pockets secured with Velcro® flaps
- Authentic Polar Bears International patch on right shoulder
- An elasticized nylon snowskirt
- Four fleece-lined upper and lower pockets with zipper closure
- Storm flap over front zipper
- Coyote fur ruff with a two-way adjustable tunnel hood with an adjustable bracing wire reduces wind penetration by allowing you to adjust size as conditions dictate
- Mid-thigh length for maximum coverage and protection
- Draw cord waist
- Centre back length: 33” (83.82cm)
Canada Goose developed the Thermal Experience Index (TEI) to help you find the warmth you want for the experience you seek in each of our products. Whether you need a lightweight jacket for active pursuits or a field-tested parka for the coldest places on earth, this five-point system is designed to help you make the right selection from our expansive collections.
We use coyote fur around the hoods on our jackets because it never freezes, doesn’t hold water, and the uneven hair lengths create a windbreak that protects exposed skin, helping to reduce heat loss from the face. This holds as true in urban environments as much as it does in the high Arctic.
Fur has been used consistently for hundreds of years as cold weather protection. The only place where fur has been seen to go up and down in popularity is in the world of fashion. And while fashion is subject to trends, Canada Goose is not.
No matter what the temperature is, feeling “cold” is relative. Cities can feel just as cold as more arctic climates to some people – our jackets are made to keep people warm, anywhere.
THE WORLD'S BEST INSULATOR
Canada Goose has over 40 years of industry-leading understanding of down insulation technology which allows us to choose the best blends of down to suit the specific requirements of each of our jackets.
All of our blends include some Hutterite down, among the most premium Canadian down available. Its ability to retain more warm air than other types of down results in lighter weight jackets that don’t sacrifice warmth.